…Rethinking, Redesigning, Repurposing.
Grab the template here. [pdf]
See more at DeanYing.com
Basically, it is just two belts put together with a ring in the middle to create one continuous belt that you double up.
1) Find two similar sized belts at a low priced boutique or thrift shop. Different colors/textures are okay. Try to buy long/large size belts if they are available.
2) Cut the buckle off of one of the belts and if it is usable as the connecting ring, then save it. If it isn’t then you will need a connecting metal ring the same width or a bit larger than the width of your belt. You can find metal rings in craft, fabric and bead stores.
3) Loop the cut part of the belt through the connecting ring. Loop the belt hole part of the belt that still has it’s buckle through the ring. Double them back and keep them in place with paper clips or tape. Measure to make sure the belt will double around you and have enough extra to separate like the one being shown in the picture.
4) Take it to a shoe repair person and have him stitch it for you. Do not try to do this yourself. You cannot stitch it strong enough by hand and you will ruin your sewing machine.
5) When it is done, take the belt and put the ring portion in the center of your stomach. Wrap the belt around you in the back and buckle it in the front. You have now created a high end fashion forward look that is all your own.